Can't Print with newer versions

Pedro epyks at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 4 18:31:43 PST 2013

I had some difficulties to login the past days.
Let's forget for a moment cups-1.6.1.

I would like to concentrate on cups-1.5.4 in which Epson LQ-300 does not advance to next page and hangs after printing a file.

It seems that it is a problem of Slackware-14 and its offsprings like Salix-14 and Slackel-14.

If I remove cups-1.5.4 and reinstall cups-1.4.6 Epson LQ-300 prints correctly.

There is no problem like this in the current KNOPPIX or Crunchbang both of them debian based.

I posted the problem to LinuxQuestions.org in the forum for slackware under section hardware. There is no reply as of now.

Regards