[cups.general] Canon 6650 CUPS debug (prints black page)

Gernot Hassenpflug gernot.hassenpflug at asahinet.com
Thu Mar 7 19:03:19 PST 2013

Dave <djh999gc at gmail.com> writes:

> [...]

/../

> After days of effort, I gave up trying to get this printer to work with CUPS.  Even when it worked partially (printed from within Evince/Libreoffice), it was not perfect (printed light stipple background).  Replaced with different printer with a .ppd in openprinting.org
>
> Thanks for trying to help Gernot, very much appreciated.

Hi Dave,
Glad you managed to get another printer working instead of the original one.
I presume your initial printer is a BJC-6650. This is not yet supported even experimentally in gutenprint, but hopefully in the next 2 months I will have time to add it, so perhaps you can try again, using gutenprint+CUPS, in the near future.
Best regards,
--
Gernot Hassenpflug