Color adjustment

Johan Bengtsson elijah at chalmers.se
Wed Mar 13 07:07:33 PDT 2013

Hi,

Is there some way to (from the print-server) adjust the color
reproduction on the printers? I'm aware of the cupsICCProfile ppd
statement, but I guess it will not work so well in a cross-plattform
environmment like ours. We have linux, mac & windows clients, some of
them printing through samba.

They all get their ppd:s from the server.

We don't use foomatic, all printers are postscript capable.

We want to buy a certain printer model, but one group of users are
complaining that the color reproduction is cold/"blueish". I suppose the
"proper" way of fixing this would be applying an ICC (?) profile
on the client-computers, but that is not possble here, too much work,
clueless users, a myriad of hardware & applications etc.

Would it be possible to apply a JobPatch from the ppd-file that adjusts
the colors? Has anybody here done that? Or is there some other way?

-Johan Bengtsson