[cups.general] 1.6x IPP printer detection

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Mar 13 07:27:55 PDT 2013

Kai,

CUPS browsing was deprecated in CUPS 1.4 and removed in CUPS 1.6, so this product you are using will no longer work automatically.  What has replaced CUPS browsing is Bonjour aka Zeroconf + DNS-SD + mDNS, all IETF proposed standards with 10+ years of deployment now... The advantage is that Bonjour provides the name resolution and IPv6 support that was missing from CUPS Browsing.