[cups.general] 1.6x IPP printer detection

Kai Hendry hendry at webconverger.com
Thu Mar 14 07:50:43 PDT 2013

On 14 March 2013 22:40, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:
> For applications that don't support the current destination functions in libcups, this is correct.  Otherwise you can discover and use shared printers directly without adding a local queue pointing to the remote server (which is how CUPS browsing did things).

I'm struggling to understand "current destination functions in libcups".

Can I assume you are saying that if one wants to discover shared
printers, I need to ask my client to run a CUPS server?

Or are there network printers on the market that can be configured to
be used without any setup on a client? i.e. No manual "Add printer..."
phase.

Thanks again Michael,