[cups.general] CUPS Slowness due to network issue

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Mar 22 08:50:57 PDT 2013

Paul,

On 2013-03-22, at 11:06 AM, Paul Conklin <paul.conklin at cerner.com> wrote:

> HostNameLookups is set to No.  I'll check the dns settings, but with that setting it shouldn't be doing that should it?

It looks like when printer sharing is enabled we are still doing the local machine address lookup on each connection, even if HostNameLookups is enabled.  Please file a bug for this, it looks like I missed one spot when I pulled out that logic from the network interface lookup code:

	http://www.cups.org/str.php

Thanks!

(but in the meantime that would be the issue then - reverse DNS is not working through the Linksys router - line 409 of scheduler/client.c just needs to lose the "|| RemotePort" test...)