[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #4298: OS X 10.8 no retry with wrong passwords

Douglas Kosovic doug at uq.edu.au
Sun Mar 17 19:26:59 PDT 2013

[STR New]

In STR #4216 the no "On Hold (Authentication Required)" prompt issue for
wrong password on OS X 10.8 clients, it was verified to be fixed for TOT,
but likely fixed for 1.6.2.

I'm using the latest cups-1.6 SVN branch on linux for the server and OS X
10.8.2 for the client. I'm not getting the "On Hold (Authentication
Required)" prompt when I enter a wrong password (regardless of if wrong
password is stored in a keychain).

I haven't tried using cups-1.6 SVN branch for the CUPS server on OS X,
just Linux so far.

Link: https://www.cups.org/str.php?L4298
Version: 1.6-current