[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #4300: When restarting avahi-daemon while CUPS is running, CUPS looses connection

till.kamppeter at gmail.com till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 01:48:58 PDT 2013

[STR New]

I use CUPS with shared printers and the shared printers are broadcasted by
Avahi. This works well when avahi-daemon is started before cups and both
keep running. But if I restart avahi-daemon while CUPS is running, CUPS
looses connection to avahi-daemon and so stops broadcasting. What I expect
is that CUPS reconnects after the restart of avahi-daemon. This can easily
happen if for example the avahi-daemon package gets updated or the admin
changes the configuration of avahi-daemon.

I am using Ubuntu Raring (13.04) with CUPS 1.6.2.

Link: https://www.cups.org/str.php?L4300
Version: 1.6.2