[cups] Unable to select a workstation printer driver for network raw printer

John Lawton john at lawton.me.uk
Fri Aug 8 02:11:20 PDT 2014

Hi Gene,

here is the printers.conf file on my workstation:

# Printer configuration file for CUPS
v1.7.2

# Written by
cupsd

# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE WHEN CUPSD IS
RUNNING

<DefaultPrinter
Dell-Color-Laser-1320c>

UUID
urn:uuid:9686509f-b1ef-3f4c-4532-9ef49c8ecc4c

AuthInfoRequired
none

Info Dell Color Laser
1320c

Location
192.168.0.100

DeviceURI
ipp://192.168.0.100:631/printers/Dell_Color_Laser_1320c

PPDTimeStamp
*

State
Idle

StateTime
1407409902

Type
6

Accepting
Yes

Shared
No

ColorManaged
Yes

JobSheets none
none

QuotaPeriod
0

PageLimit
0

KLimit
0

OpPolicy
default

ErrorPolicy
retry-job

Option cups-browsed
true

</Printer>

What I need to do is make this workstation use a PPD driver file when
sending to this Samba printer. At the moment it sends raw data, so it
fails to work.

John