[cups] Unsupported Format Issue

Helge Blischke HelgeBlischke at web.de
Thu Aug 14 11:40:58 PDT 2014

Am 14.08.2014 um 07:57 schrieb Extra Mail Account Two:

> Good Day!
>
> I have a problem regarding the unsupported format error of jpeg
> files and others. The log says that jpeg and others are not
> supported in the add_printer_formats part. I don't know what's the
> reason behind this and I would like to ask assisstance regarding
> this matter. I have also attached the Log File in this message.
>
> Thanks.
> <error_log.txt>_______________________________________________
> cups mailing list
> cups at cups.org

It seems you did not install the cups-filters package from
openprinting.org.
 From CUPS 1.5.x on, all filters which are not used on Mac OS X
platform, are no longer
part of the native CUPS distribution but have been transferred to
openprinting.org
for maintenance and further development.

You didn't tell about the operating system you are using, so I cannot
tell you about the
name of the package your distro provides or if you need to compile the
filters
from the sources.

Helge