[cups] hp f380 poor printing resolution

Henri Halleux h.halleux at edpnet.be
Tue Aug 19 01:28:52 PDT 2014

Hello,

2 or 3 years ago, I switched from ubuntu to mint.
Since then I can't print anymore graphics or photos in high resolution.
My printer is a HP deskjet F380; it is detected as F300 and the driver
is the standard hplip.
I see some gutenprint references in installed packages.
It seems all graphic print is in draft quality, either from g-thumb or gimp.
I have mint 17 but it was the same with mint 16, 13, and 10.
I also tried ubuntu 12.04 with the same poor results.
The printer works fine under ubuntu 10.04.

Thanks for your help.
hhall.