[cups] Web interface responses NOT FOUND

Willy Offermans Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Mon Aug 25 07:16:51 PDT 2014

Dear cups friends,

For a long time, I'm trying to install cups. I encounter one error after
the other. First cups was not able to locate the USB connected printer. Now
I cannot even contact the webinterface via http://localhost:631
If I try to contact the site, I got a ``Not Found''. If, however, I try to
connect to http://localhost:631/admin, then I can see a page with the
expected interfaces (buttons) but without the usually accompanying images.
With some effort I can even start the add printer helper.

I'm running  FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #1 r266030M with
cups-client-1.7.3_2
cups-image-1.7.3_1
cups-base-1.7.3_1
cups-pstoraster-8.15.4_8
cups-filters-1.0.57

Does anyone have a clue how to solve the ``Not Found''? Then we can address
the local printer problem.

<cupsd.conf:>
LogLevel debug
ServerAlias www.domein.nl
KeepAlive Yes
# Only listen for connections from the local machine.
Listen localhost:631
Listen www.domein.nl:631
Listen /var/run/cups.sock
# Disable printer sharing.
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
#BrowseAllow @LOCAL
BrowseAllow all
PreserveJobFiles On
MaxJobs 10
MaxJobTime 7257600
DefaultAuthType Basic
WebInterface Yes
<Location />
  # Restrict access to the server...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from XXX.YYY.Z.A/24
  Allow from XXX.YYY.Z.B/24
</Location>
<Location /admin>
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from XXX.YYY.Z.A/24
  Allow from XXX.YYY.Z.B/24
</Location>
<Location /admin/conf>
  AuthType Default
  Require user @SYSTEM
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from XXX.YYY.Z.A/24
  Allow from XXX.YYY.Z.B/24
</Location>
<Policy default>
  JobPrivateAccess default
  JobPrivateValues default
  SubscriptionPrivateAccess default
  SubscriptionPrivateValues default
  <Limit Create-Job Print-Job Print-URI Validate-Job>
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs
Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription
Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job
Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job Cancel-My-Jobs Close-Job CUPS-Move-Job
CUPS-Get-Document>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Modify-Class
CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default CUPS-Get-Devices>
    AuthType Default
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer
Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs
Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer
Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After Cancel-Jobs CUPS-Accept-Jobs
CUPS-Reject-Jobs>
    AuthType Default
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit All>