[cups] help me with page number

liu3 liugongquan123 at 163.com
Tue Aug 26 04:29:43 PDT 2014

Hello everyone:
      I have a question with the page number field in the page_log file.
     The page nmber field alway seems to be 1,no matter actually how many pages are printed
(but the copies field shows a right value.). Also, when I use the web interface to view jobs, the
pages field shows only "Unkown". I  am using  a network printer, my client and printer server
 both use cups-1.4.3,
     From the error log listed blew, we can see that the pstops filter is called already. What's
wrong,  Anyone can help me?
 [Job 18] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 11753)
 [Job 18] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster (PID 11754)
 [Job 18] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoPantum (PID 11755)
 [Job 18] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/ipp (PID 11756)

      Thank you very much.