[cups] PDF printing postscript jibberish

Chris Coleman c at chriscoleman.com
Wed Aug 27 11:31:59 PDT 2014

Hi all, I'm submitting pdf files for printing through cups to Ricoh 1356
printers. I can send some pdf files without issue while others just print
out postscript error jibberish. If I do a pdfinfo on the different files,
versions and creators are all the same. I am using Cups 1.7.2 on ubuntu
12.04, latest ghostscript packages are installed. Any suggestions or hints
on how to troubleshoot would be extremely appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris