[cups-devel] wrong value for page number

liu3 liugongquan123 at 163.com
Mon Aug 18 19:50:55 PDT 2014

  Hi all:
      I have a question with the page number field in the page_log file.
     The page nmber field alway seems to be 1,no matter actually how many pages are printed
(but the copies field shows a right value.). Also, when I use the web interface to view jobs, the
pages field shows only "Unkown". I  am using  a network printer, my client and printer server
 both use cups-1.4.3,
     I searched many post messages for help,some messges suggest to use a third party application,
 I don't want things got too complicated, since I only need the page number infomation, and other
accounting infomation are not needed.
    Anyone can help me?

   Thank you.