[cups] Multi-user CUPS printer configs / customised PPD per user?

Michael Pardee cups_mailing_list at open-sense.com
Fri Dec 5 09:33:14 PST 2014

If the lpoptions approach Michael Sweet suggested won't work for some
reason, here is an ugly solution:
Have a separate printer/ppd defined (or created on the fly) for each
user and then change the default printer for each user to that
user-specifc printer/ppd.

Thanks,
Michael Pardee
Open Sense Solutions LLC