[cups] How can I run a Print server via CUPS?

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 02:53:22 PST 2014

Hello Folks.
How are you?
I want to launch a Linux Print server via CUPS and I have network printer with model "Ricoh Aficio MP 4500". I added my printer via Samba and share it and also add it in CUPS in "localhost:631". I have a problem and it is that I can't add my printer via "http" protocol in Windows. I use "http://MYSERVERIP:631/printers/Ricoh" but windows show me an error and I must use other windows option ("\\myserverip\Ricoh") to install it. How can I solve it?
My Linux is not part of my Windows domain.
Am I on a right track for Print server? I mean is that add a printer via CUPS and samba and connect Windows clients to it, Create my Linux Box as a Print server?

Cheers.