[cups] Generic printer driver issues

Collin M cmcrann2 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 21:46:48 PST 2014

I have a generic daisy wheel printer hooked up to a usb to parallel adaptor. It prints fine when I send it text through terminal (ls > /dev/usb/lp0). I installed cups so I can print nornally through Libreoffice or other applications, and I'm using CUPS 2.0.1. I have the printer set up as generic becuase the manufacturer (Swintec) is not listed. When I set the generic drivers to things like the Postscript ones it prints out the post script code. But when I set the driver to generic/text I get this error: Unsupported format "application/vnd.cups-pdf-banner".

Any suggestions?