[cups] pdftops causes duplex page premature ejection on Brother

Helge Blischke HelgeBlischke at web.de
Wed Feb 26 09:51:36 PST 2014

Please check the Ghostscript version your system uses. There was an
important
fix with the ps2write device (which the respective CUPS filter uses)
in that the
setpagedevice operand at page start is only called if the newly defined
page size differs from the previously defined one.
This fix appeared firstly in version 9.05 of Ghostscript.

But there is still another quirk with this duplexing (tested with CUPS
1.5.3 on an Ubuntu 3.2.0 system):
The openprinting filters – pdftopdf, pdftops – seem to suppress
inserting page size related
statements (bracketed with BeginFeature and EndFeature comments)
either from PPD defaults or
e.g. from media=... option into the setup section of the resulting PS
code, so that the PS interpreter
on the real printer may have a different default page size defined.

I think you should file a bug at openprinting.

Helge