[cups] How to disable network printer detection.

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Jan 27 10:23:27 PST 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 14:51 +0100, Daniel Carrasco MarĂ­n wrote:
> Hi friends, i've the 1.7rc1 version of cups on my computer and i want to
> disable network discovery of servers/printers, because i've a printer
> server in same network and my PC freeze when i try to print some thing,
> while is trying to connect to remote printers.
> I've turned "Browsing" option to "Off" but don't work.
> Someone knows what i've to do?.

Typically this is as simple as enabling your firewall;  that at least
stops printer discovery via received broadcast messages.

Another thing to try is to set
 BrowseRemoteProtocols none
- which should disable finding of remote shared printers.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383