[cups] Push Mac Drivers from Linux Server

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Jan 27 10:53:25 PST 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 13:51 -0500, Matt Hanson wrote:
> When using CUPS on Linux as a print server is it possible to specify which
> driver to push for Macintosh clients?
> I know there is plenty of documentation for Windows clients, but I have not
> been able to find any for OS X.

I do not know much of anything about Mac OS/X printing architecture....
except that I thought it uses CUPS?

If it is using CUPS then publishing the correct PPD from the server
should be enough - just as with LINUX clients.  Printing should pretty
much 'just work' without all the driver nonsense.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383