[cups-devel] [UNKN] STR #4328: cups ignores "Allow From @IF(eth0)" entries in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf

odyx at debian.org odyx at debian.org
Sat Jan 4 07:34:54 PST 2014

[STR New]

Hi Michael,

Stefan Gottwald reported the following bug against cups 1.4.4:
http://bugs.debian.org/674520

> If /etc/cups/cupsd.conf is configured with something like this
>
> <Location />
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny From All
> Allow From @IF(eth0)
> Allow From @IF(eth2)
> </Location>
>
> the "Allow From @IF(...)" lines will be ignored.
>
> After some searching through the cups source code, I found that in
> scheduler/auth.c the "cupsdNetIFUpdate()" function is only called if
"Allow
> From @LOCAL" is used. In the "Allow From @IF(...)" case the
cupsdNetIFUpdate()
> function is not called at all. So the "NetIFList" structure is not
> filled/updated and the loop "for (iface = ...." will do nothing at all.
>
> The simplest fix, which worked for me, was to add "cupsdNetIFUpdate();"
before
> this loop.
>
> I built a new package with this fix and can confirm, that the problem is
gone.

He also attached a proposed patch, which I'm therefore hereby also
attaching.

I checked the history of scheduler/auth.c and tend to think that the bug is
still present in 1.7.0.

Cheers

Link: https://www.cups.org/str.php?L4328
Version: 1.4.4