[cups] [Gimp-print-devel] Epson R200 Ink Levels

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Thu Jul 3 17:26:31 PDT 2014

IP> This is getting rather fragmented, so I'm going to try cross posting
IP> to all three lists, my apologies if you get multiple copies.

It comes down to an incompatibility between modern cups and the programs
which require the usblp module.

The real fix is to upgrade the latter to use libusb rather than
expecting the kernel to translate between the lp protocol and its
usb encapsulation.

As Mike wrote in the other thread, the usblp module blocks things like
scanning and faxing with some (or all?) multifunctions.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6