[cups] Printing With CUPS CLI Doesn't Make Margins

Ahmet Sezgin Duran marjinalist1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 08:38:25 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 AMD64.

I'm trying to print a document in a special page size. Width 10 cm,
Height 18 cm, left-right margins 2 cm and top-bottom margins 1 cm. I
tried to create a page model in printer settings. Like this:

http://i.imgur.com/6tJWQES.png

Printing with this page size works without a problem. But I need to do
it on the command line. I found how can I do in CUPS documents. Like
this:

lp -o media=Custom.100x180cm -o page-left=57 -o page-right=57 -o
page-top=28 -o page-bottom=28 result.jpg

When I print the document (image actually), page sizes are OK but there
are no margins :/ I'm testing these on CUPS's virtual PDF printer.

Any ideas?