[cups] Print to File Using CUPS

Marcel Schnirring marcel.schnirring at web.de
Mon Jul 14 02:37:07 PDT 2014

You can use lpadmin [1] for that.

For example: lpadmin -p NEW_PRINTER_NAME -D "DESCRIPTION" -L
PHYSICAL_LOCATION -P ./path/to/ppd/myfile.ppd -v backendname://

So "-P" for PPD and "-v" for your backend are what you are looking for.

[1] http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/man-lpadmin.html

*Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,*
Marcel Schnirring