[cups] Mac OSX with CUPS 1.7.2 Printing fuzzy on Zebra GK420d

Matthew Warren matt at veeqo.com
Tue Jul 15 04:19:50 PDT 2014

Hi there,

We have created a 1 bit image at 203 DPI in PNG format (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebs2dqf08d1fxy7/1stCLASS-36.png) which when we convert to RAS or PDF using cupsfilter works and prints great.

When we create a PDF and insert the image, then try and print, its coming out bad. When we use cupsfitler (pdftoras) to convert to RAS it comes out bad.  But we can check the image inside the PDF and its exactly the same as the original, it has not been adjusted and looks pixel perfect.

Here is the PDF https://www.dropbox.com/s/17c4uz2z0jjtild/label-noscale.pdf

Any ideas?

Matt