[cups] Cups printing duplicate copies sometimes

Roberts, Justin (GE Corporate) Justin.Roberts2 at ge.com
Tue Jul 22 08:14:40 PDT 2014

Anyone ever ran into this before.  We are running cups 1.4.2-50 on RHEL 6.5.  This cups server supports our SAP environment and has 200-300 printers configured.  We are seeing some printers print duplicate copies randomly.  We seen it mainly in label printers, but have seen it on other brands and models as well.  According to cups logs everything printed fine, but for some reason it sometimes prints an extra copy.  We’ve been banging our heads against the wall on this one for a few weeks with no luck.  We can’t seem to find any commonality to the events.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.
—Justin