[cups-devel] Duplex booklet printing outputs back pages upside-down

Helge Blischke HelgeBlischke at web.de
Wed Jul 2 04:24:29 PDT 2014

Am 02.07.2014 um 11:15 schrieb Perazim:

> Link for cups error log with debugging on:
>
> https://www.hightail.com/download/ZUcycmxjTkw5bEJ2TzhUQw
>
> I have no experience with this file sharing site so I hope it works
> OK.
>
> I used Acrobat 9.5.5 to do the test as it has a simpler print setup.
> I see that the job options are posted in the log as well as the
> filters used. Let me know if you need anything else.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Perazim

Thanks for the log file.
The job options seem OK, and I get the same atributes with respect to
duplexing
when printing to a (fake) printer with a duplexer installed
(Duplex=DuplexTumble, or,
in IPP speech: sides=two-sided-short-edge), but with Adobe Reader 10.x.

These options seem OK for booklet printing, as the orientation of the
booklet
pages (two logical pages per physical page) is rotated by 90 degrees.

My guess is that you printer implements the tumble attribute when duplex
printing different to what the PLRM specifies.
If you want to, I could send you two wimple PostScript test files for
raw printing
to check how your printer implements the tumble handling.

Helge