[cups-devel] waste-receptacle-full

Sergey Kubushyn ksi at koi8.net
Wed Jul 30 22:43:49 PDT 2014

I'm getting this warning with my Lexmark X945E. It was coming and going with
different CUPS versions. I'm running 1.7.4 now (as it comes with Fedora 20)
and I have this warning every time I'm trying to print anything.

I'm using original Lexmark X945E PPD. Printer is OK, waste box is empty,
sensor is fine. Printer (MFP) does NOT report any problems and I did run
sensor diagnostics from Service Menu that completes without any errors.
Sensor works fine, waste box empty. This definitely something wrong with
CUPS. Happens with all protocols -- IPP, LPR, and direct print.

It is definitely a CUPS bug. That very same printer works without any
problems from Windoze 7/XP -- no warnings, no problems, just works. And it
used to work with some older versions but broke at some version and had not
been fixed ever since.

It DOES print from CUPS, just floods me with those "waste-receptacle-full"
messages on each and every print job.

Anything I can do to help fixing that?

---