[cups-devel] STR #4424: cups 1.7.3: build error on system without dnssd/avah - more troubles

Perazim perazim at portugalmail.pt
Wed Jun 11 03:42:32 PDT 2014

I have tried to to use the git source for 1.7 and after packaging them into
a tar, found the rpmbuild faied with:

  error: Failed to read spec file from /home/yossi/rpmbuild/SPECS/cups.spec

  Indeed, there is no cups.spec file at this location.

  Is there something I do not understand here or is something missing?

  Also, I am running on a centos 6 system and I have found it nearly
impossible to install cups from a tar build due to all the rpm
dependancies. So  I need to rpmbuild cups and install that way.

  Thanks,

  Perazim