[cups-devel] how to get the page info of a canceled job?

liu3 liugongquan123 at 163.com
Thu Jun 26 18:40:28 PDT 2014

Dear Douglas Kosovic
           Thank you very much for your reply.
          I posted a message:" For a cancled job, there will not be any information logged in the page_log file, i.e, I can not get the page range, copies ...etc for a canceled job. Is there any way to know these information? "

        you wrote:
you could get the page count directly from the job itself which would be cached under /var/spool/cups/ for example Job# 12345 it would be:
    /var/spool/cups/d12345-001

         I checked these files, files like "/var/spool/cups/d12345-001 " will be deleted once the job has completed, and it is not easy for me to read this file at the rihgt time.
and files  like "/var/spool/cups/c00001 " does contain the page rang and copies info, but it seems to be strange char,such as "copies^@^D^@^@^@A#","number-up^@^D^@^@^@AE"...etc. Can you tell how to decode these code?

Thank you very much, and best regards.