[cups] n-up printing page-border option, lpoptions file how to

Helge Blischke HelgeBlischke at web.de
Thu Mar 6 02:18:11 PST 2014

I think you are using a buggy version of the cups-filters package by
openprinting.
The bug I found is due to a typo in the initialization routine of the
pdftopdf filter,
where the page-border default is initialized to an undefined value,
the result of which
may or may not result in printing a page border.

If you are hit by this bug, you may easily test by printing from Adobe
reader to a file
(using the same settings) and the printing this file via the lp or lpr
command
and using the option "-o page-border=none" (whithout the quotes). Then
there
should be no page borders printed.

Helge