[cups] migrating printers

ALi osatien at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 03:32:05 PDT 2014

we have around 6200 printers created  in the system and we are migrating
them to a new one.

In order to do it ok, we have copyed the printers.conf (plus printers ppd
from one to another) however it didnt worked. The printers were created in
a previous version and they were created with no filter and no type.

In the new one, the new printers had type number and some kind of filter
..... so we recreated all printers (with an script that last 90 minutes to
execute)  and again it appears to have some kind of printers created bad
with type 0 ....

what can cause this? or how can i disable the creation of type 0 or
filter????

the versions are 1.3.7 in the old one and 1.4.2 in the new one