[cups] cupsUIResolver, cupsUIConstraints PPD extensions

Johan Bengtsson elijah at chalmers.se
Fri Mar 21 08:57:28 PDT 2014

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014, Helge Blischke wrote:

> As for my knowledge on Windows, these PPD options have no effect on the
> print dialog box in Windows.
> But in case of unusual SAMBA configurations with respect to printing, these
> options
> could have an effect on printing which cannot be controlled on the Windows
> side.

OK.

I wrote these (hopefully correct) constraints, does anyone know if it
is possible to achieve the same effect with standard (Adobe?) UIConstraints or some other
method?

*% Specify that thick paper shouldn't be duplexed.
*cupsUIConstraints itsthick: "*MediaType Thick2 *Duplex DuplexTumble"
*cupsUIConstraints itsthick: "*Duplex DuplexTumble *MediaType Thick2"
*cupsUIConstraints itsthick: "*MediaType Thick2 *Duplex DuplexNoTumble"
*cupsUIConstraints itsthick: "*Duplex DuplexNoTumble *MediaType Thick2"
*cupsUIConstraints itsthick: "*MediaType Thick3 *Duplex DuplexTumble"
*cupsUIConstraints itsthick: "*Duplex DuplexTumble *MediaType Thick3"
*cupsUIConstraints itsthick: "*MediaType Thick3 *Duplex DuplexNoTumble"
*cupsUIConstraints itsthick: "*Duplex DuplexNoTumble *MediaType Thick3"
*cupsUIResolver itsthick: "*Duplex None *OutputBin Standard"

-Johan Bengtsson