[cups] editing PPD for Brother HL-2270DW

Helge Blischke HelgeBlischke at web.de
Sun May 18 01:33:27 PDT 2014

Modifying the PPD is not sufficient for this printer (and probably all
Brother printers). Operating this printer requires a special proprietary
filter named brlpdwrapperHL2270DW which - among other things -
translates the media size keywords
from the PPD into proprietary strings passed to the printer's firmware
(probably a PCL6 engine) which contains a list of supported media sizes
(I derived this from looking into the source code of the said filter).
So you are almost certainly out of luck.

Helge

PS: the mentioned source code can be downloaded from the Brother web
site. It is contained in
brhl2270dwcups_src-2.0.4-2.tar.gz