[cups] Epson R200 Ink Levels

Ian Prideaux worzel at gmx.co.uk
Mon May 19 08:45:05 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I've just installed Xubuntu 14.04.
I've connected my Epson Stylus Photo R200 to a usb port.
I've installed the printer. I decided that I should have:
Device URI = usb://EPSON/Stylus%20Photo%20R200?serial=MO1P10409241811580
Make Model = Epson Stylus Photo R200 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.10-pre2

It worked straight away _except_ it refuses to report the ink levels. It
says "Marker levels are not reported for this printer".

It used to work, when I uses mtink, and it used to work on my Wife's XP.

Why does it not work any more?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.