[cups] [Brother MFC-8480DN] Printing Slow

Emiliano Vazquez emilianovazquez at gmail.com
Tue May 27 04:44:53 PDT 2014

El 27/05/14 08:01, Stephan Graf escribió:
> Hi!
> I am not sure, if it is the same issue, but in 2011 I investigated the
> printing from CUPS to an HP2055. It took a couple of minutes to print a
> scanned file (in PDF format).
> Then I used an different PPD
> (http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html).
> the result was, that the printing was quit fast (10-20 seconds).
> When I took a closer look to the difference between the original and the
> new (HPLIP) PPD, I found this line:
>          *cupsFilter: "application/vnd.cups-raster 0 hpcups"
> This is the reason. CUPS will translate the PDF/PS via the hpcups filter
> to an raster format file (HPGL?? I am not sure).
Hi! i will see this file and send comments.

> My conclusion was, that the HP Postscript interpreter is doing a bad job
> and the solution is, that the CUPS Server has to do it (using hpcups
> filter).
>
> Greetings,
> Stephan
Do you have any link to see how do this?

El 27/05/14 08:05, Robert Heller escribió:
> Is the PDF one page of just text or does the one page contail graphics?  What
> is going is that the PDF needs to be converted to PostScript, and this can
> take some time.  Also, the resulting PostScript can be a large file, which in
> turn takes time to send to the printer.  GhostScript is not the most speedy
> program in the world nor does it generate the most compact Postscript when
> converting from PDF.
Is only one page with a graphic in A4 format.
Is better to send a .jpeg file instead of .pdf with graphics?

Best regards.

Emiliano.

--
Emiliano Vazquez | PcCentro Informatica & CCTV
Office: +54 (11) 4635-3218 y Rotativas
Mail: emilianovazquez at gmail.com
Web: http://www.pccentro.com.ar