[cups] [Brother MFC-8480DN] Printing Slow

Emiliano Vazquez emilianovazquez at gmail.com
Wed May 28 04:30:11 PDT 2014

El 28/05/14 06:17, Helge Blischke escribió:
> Hi Emiliano,

Hi!

> thanks for the data.
thanks to you! i only send what you need!

> The log files show that the processing time within CUPS is about 2 to
> 5 seconds
> up to the beginning of the data transfer to the printer.
> The delay obviously is due to the slow data transfer speed to the
> printer:
> – Job 80: 7.2 M about 2 min
> – Job 81: 36.6 M about 16 min.
> As the printer – regarding to Brother's web site
> (www.brother-usa.com/MFC/ModelDetail/4/mfc8480dn/spec)
> supports other protocols than LPD, such as IPP, socket, FTP etc.,
> I'd suggest to try changing the device_uri from LPD to IPP or socket
> and then try again
I try with IPP, IPPS, HTTP, LPD, every try go to the same place.

> – or is the connection to the printer a very slow line
> by hardware?
The same machine with W7 do the job in 10 seconds

I will try to send the job to a W7 machine and see what happen.

Best regards!

--
Emiliano Vazquez | PcCentro Informatica & CCTV
Office: +54 (11) 4635-3218 y Rotativas
Mail: emilianovazquez at gmail.com
Web: http://www.pccentro.com.ar