[cups] [Brother MFC-8480DN] Printing Slow

Emiliano Vazquez emilianovazquez at gmail.com
Wed May 28 10:50:11 PDT 2014

El 28/05/14 06:17, Helge Blischke escribió:
> I'd suggest to try changing the device_uri from LPD to IPP or socket
> and then try again – or is the connection to the printer a very slow line
> by hardware?

Hi again!

I make a lab escenary:

mfc-8480dn => W7 Print Share of mfc-8480dn => CUPS client (Ubuntu 14.04)

When i send the image cups send its normally in seconds but the queue of
W7 receive a file of 36mb and have to wait again in the queue of W7
Printer. It took at leas five minutes to send the page to the printer.
When i send the image directly from W7 (the same image file) it send to
the W7 queue a file of 32mb but it took only a few seconds to send to
the printer.
This queue receive the same file but not the same size. Maybe there is a
problem?

This is the log of cups client: http://pastebin.com/F7VRD6Sg

Best regards.

--
Emiliano Vazquez | PcCentro Informatica & CCTV
Office: +54 (11) 4635-3218 y Rotativas
Mail: emilianovazquez at gmail.com
Web: http://www.pccentro.com.ar