[cups] [Brother MFC-8480DN] Printing Slow

Helge Blischke HelgeBlischke at web.de
Thu May 29 12:14:39 PDT 2014

Emiliano,

first, sorry for forgetting the "-d" switch in the lp command.

Second, it seems that the "without_patch.ps" is what you should try to
achieve.
The openprinting's pdftops filter accepts an option
"-o make-and-model=xxxxxx",
so you could set a default option for the printer by
lpadmin -o make-and-model-default=noBrother -p Brother-MFC-8480DN
If that does not work, you could edit the printer's PPD and change the
line
*Manufacturer: "Brother"
*Manufacturer: "noBrother"

The sosurce says that under certain conditions (with halftoned images)
the printer might stall
or print garbage. If that occurs, let me know; I'll then send you a
PPD patch for that.

Good luck!

Helge