[cups] [Brother MFC-8480DN] Printing Slow

Emiliano Vazquez emilianovazquez at gmail.com
Thu May 29 14:38:44 PDT 2014

El 29/05/14 16:14, Helge Blischke escribió:
> Emiliano,
>
> first, sorry for forgetting the "-d" switch in the lp command.
>
> Second, it seems that the "without_patch.ps" is what you should try to
> achieve.
> The openprinting's pdftops filter accepts an option
> "-o make-and-model=xxxxxx",
> so you could set a default option for the printer by
> lpadmin -o make-and-model-default=noBrother -p Brother-MFC-8480DN
> If that does not work, you could edit the printer's PPD and change the
> line
> *Manufacturer: "Brother"
> *Manufacturer: "noBrother"
>
> The sosurce says that under certain conditions (with halftoned images)
> the printer might stall
> or print garbage. If that occurs, let me know; I'll then send you a
> PPD patch for that.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Helge
Problem solved!

A friend was helping me today before you send this mail. What he do?

1. Install drivers from [1]. In this case we select deb files because we
use Ubuntu.
2. Install printer using https://127.0.0.1:631 and select PPD downloaded
from [1]
3. Select socket://10.0.0.10

At this moment when i send a pdf or jpeg this only take about 15 seconds
to send it from cups to printer. The file only have a weight of 2439k
(after we have 36mb files) and run smoothly.

Thanks to Helge and Robert for your support.

You will see me posting on this list when someone needs help about this.

Best regards.
Emiliano.

[1]
http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc8480dn_us

--
Emiliano Vazquez | PcCentro Informatica & CCTV
Office: +54 (11) 4635-3218 y Rotativas
Mail: emilianovazquez at gmail.com
Web: http://www.pccentro.com.ar