[cups-devel] Error building cups-1.7.2

Perazim perazim at portugalmail.pt
Thu May 29 02:19:17 PDT 2014

I first sent this to cups at cups.org but received no response.

Centos 6 has an old version of cups. To remedy this I tried building
the RPM version of cups according to your docs. I received this error:

  [yossi at travelmate rpmbuild]$ rpmbuild -ta SOURCES/cups-1.7.2-source.tar.gz
--without dbus --without php
  error: Failed build dependencies:
  libusbx-devel is needed by cups-1:1.7.2-1.i686
  [yossi at travelmate rpmbuild]$

Upon investigation, it seems that libusbx (a fork of libusb) was merged
back into libusb in january of this year and is no longer supported. The
libusbx is not in the repositories any longer. I tried editing the spec
file to reflect this but it had no change.

Seems like this needs to be updated at your end.

Thanks,

Perazim