[cups] ipp-everywhere-ish

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 08:51:19 PST 2014

On 10/31/2014 08:31 PM, James Cloos wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I finally was able to obtain a usbipp-capable device (one of the set you
> mentioned last Feb) to test Daniel's code.
>
> Interestingly, running ipp-everywhere.test against it reported:
>
>   document-format-default (mimeMediaType) = application/octet-stream
>
>   document-format-supported (1setOf mimeMediaType) = application/vnd.hp-PCL,
>       image/jpeg,application/PCLm,image/urf,application/octet-stream
>
>   document-format-version-supported (1setOf textWithoutLanguage) = PCL3GUI,
>       PJL,Automatic,JPEG,PCLM,AppleRaster
>
> but not pwgraster.
>
> You posted about PCLm before.
>
> What is AppleRaster?  It is also based on cups raster?
>
> -JimC

James, also note that IPP Everywhere and IPP-over-USB seem to be
independent standards. The latter is only about the data transfer, not
about the PDL. The former is about that IPP is used as transfer
protocol, PWG Raster and others as PDL, Bonjour for auto discovery, ...
It seems that printers can support none of the two, either one of the
two, or both.

   Till