[cups] PDF printing postscript jibberish

Chris Coleman c at chriscoleman.com
Tue Nov 4 09:46:42 PST 2014

Hi Helge et al,
Here is the error log.
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=7RjzgGxY

The file that I am trying to print is a 14 page pdf (version 1.6), nothing
too special about it. As you can see from the bottom of the log, we
processed quite a few other print jobs through this cups server but this
one (and others) dump this postscript jibberish.

This particular job was sent to a ricoh 1350 and here is the printer config
<Printer PrintStation2>
UUID urn:uuid:b7bb5521-e3be-36b4-7eec-c43d2114ce9d
Info PrintStation2
Location 192.168.1.242
DeviceURI socket://192.168.1.242
PPDTimeStamp *
State Idle
StateTime 1415121881
Type 8401140
Accepting Yes
Shared No
ColorManaged Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
OpPolicy default
ErrorPolicy retry-job
Attribute marker-colors \#000000,#000000,#000000,#000000
Attribute marker-levels -1,-1,-1,-1
Attribute marker-names Toner Cartridge (Upper),Toner Cartridge
(Lower),Waste Toner 1,Waste Toner 2
Attribute marker-types toner,toner,waste-toner,waste-toner
Attribute marker-change-time 1415121881
</Printer>

This also happens on Richoh 1356 and 1357.

Here is the PPD being used
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=35ca6YMp

Thanks so much for any help.
Chris