[cups] Printed area offset from paper area

G.W. Haywood cups at jubileegroup.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 13:00:12 PST 2014

Hi there,

On Sun, 2 Nov 2014, G.W. Haywood wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Nov 2014, Helge Blischke wrote:
>
>> (2) switch on debug-logging (cupsctl ?debug-logging), print a test
>> job which exhibits the issue, and post (an URL to) the portion of
>> CUPS?s error_log which refers to that job.
>
> Debug logging has been turned on for a while :( so that won't be a
> problem, but I won't be able to do it for a day or two as I have some
> commitments early in the week.

You can see the requested log extract and scans of some printouts at

http://www.jubileegroup.co.uk/JOS/misc/printing/

The log extract shows the relevant parts of the log for the print jobs
produced at scan2.jpg (which is a spreadsheet - scan1.jpg was printed
directly without CUPS and is the way that it's supposed to look) and
scan3.png which is a Windows-generated test page, using the Microsoft
Imagesetter driver and printed via CUPS.  There are also scans of two
other Windows-generated test pages, printed by the same system, which
show the long lists of drivers used by Windows.  In the first of those
(scan4.png) the Windows machine printed directly to the printer, in
the second (scan5.png) it printed via a newly set up print server which
runs on Windows 2003 Server R2 Enterprise Edition.

The log doesn't tell me a great deal I'm afraid but I do see things in
there which remind me of things you said in your mail. :)

Any hints on finding ADIST3.PPD?

--

73,
Ged.