[cups] Printed area offset from paper area

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Thu Nov 6 06:02:32 PST 2014

> You can see the requested log extract and scans of some printouts at
>
> http://www.jubileegroup.co.uk/JOS/misc/printing/
>
> The log extract shows the relevant parts of the log for the print jobs
> produced at scan2.jpg (which is a spreadsheet - scan1.jpg was printed
> directly without CUPS and is the way that it's supposed to look) and
> scan3.png which is a Windows-generated test page, using the Microsoft
> Imagesetter driver and printed via CUPS.
…

I suspect somewhere in the process the page size is set to Letter instead of A4.
Please try the following:
–	stop the printer
–	do a test print from Windows which uses to exhibit the issue
–	save the input file (/var/spool/cups/d0xxxx-001, where xxxx is the job ID)
	(as a super user, of cause)
–	release the printer and verify that the issue has been occurred
Post the saved file and the PPD used by CUPS (/etc/cups/ppd/Brother-MFC-7860DW.ppd).

Helge