[cups] Only able to print from CUPS web interface ("filter failed" error otherwise)

HÃ¥kon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Fri Nov 7 06:58:44 PST 2014

On 07. nov. 2014 14:51, Mario Sanchez Prada wrote:
> Perhaps, it was a permission issue somehow after all, since looking at
> the logs I can clearly see how printing from the web interface would
> queue a job on behalf of "anonymous", while doing it from g-c-c would
> do it on behalf of "mario", but this is a blind guess at this point.

I have experienced problems due to different language settings (env
LANG=en_US.UTF-8 vs LANG=nb_NO.UTF-9) causing problems. The interactions
can be complex, some priter drivers will accept env. settings that
others will barf on ...

I guess "anonymous" will have a more "vanilla" environment than mario.