[cups] Need Help On PPD File Driver

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Sun Nov 9 04:59:15 PST 2014

> Am 09.11.2014 um 01:18 schrieb Benjamin Le <ble at pcc.edu>:
>
> Hello,
>
> We are running CUPS version 1.1.21 on the Solaris10. The Finance Services
> just purchased two new printers model HP LaserJet 600 M602. I am trying to
> find a correct PPD file for this printer to add this printer into the CUPS
> but cannot find anywhere. The CD comes with new printer does not include
> the PPD file. Please help.
>
> Here is the syntax we are using to add printer to CUPS on Solaris10:
>
> lpadmin -p <printername> -v socket://10.90.xx.xx –m <ppd file> –E
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Ben

The only thing I found when looking in the internet for a PPD for this printer,
was (besides a shell archive containing system-v interface scripts and utilities)
disk images for various Mac OS X versions. I installed the one for 10.5 and looked
into the PPD.
I could not test it, because it contains tow *cupsFilter statements, but both filters
mentioned crash with a bus error.

I could send you this PPD *without any warranty* with the cupsFilter statements
commented out, but be aware that the PPD specifies a lot of HP specific stuff
I do not know if it will work without those strange filters.

Let me know if you are willing to try this thing.

Helge