[cups] How to build and use my own CUPS filter.

Vincent Farget farget.vincent at orange.fr
Fri Nov 21 05:16:03 PST 2014

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I can mention that I do not use SAMBA server for Windows printing.
The few Windows client use the IPP (http://server:631/printers/canon) to
access to the CUPS print queue.

I just found the site "OpenSuse" you mentioned below.
I am currently reading the pages you mentioned and other ones.

I am looking if I can develop a simple filter in PHP or PERL language
(the langage that I understand) than can just add the value of the "ID
user/service/departmen" in the postcript job which arrive from the
Windows client.... ;-)

I don't know how difficult is it .... :-(

Thanks,
Best regards.
-
Vincent FARGET.