[cups] Yosemite trashed print history 3111 items

D Martin elidawneli at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 00:54:51 PDT 2014

Yosemite just installed...More Mac Whack…yes, should have waited…my Cups print history disappeared.

Just a local self-taught user—admin to only me…had a Cups site interface/printable reference to over 3111 items I printed previously (cross referenced in a database).  It worked well to reprint anything I wanted and till this update my printers worked great (now iffy)—enter the update I now regret.  This is NOT a Cups problem since all has been great there; the update ruined much for me so wondering if you know of anything I can do to retrieve that data if possible?

A bit more detail: Cups showing blank job pages...disaster for me, looking at console found other problem: the web interface is currently disabled. Run "cupsctl WebInterface=yes" to enable it....
Did that and logged in ok (at least it shows printers) but no jobs and errors loading page (found incorrect reference to a backup keychain in an appropriately named backup folder, removed and recreated key pointing to proper place.  Now  loading Cups interface without problem—just missing history.  (Always wondering why Mac refuses to retain my settings!)

Any advice would truly be appreciated.

Thank you,
Dawn